The Utility Gundog Society is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from or about you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations(GDPR), the individual responsible for data issues within each Utility Gundog Society Branch is the Branch Membership Secretary. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check back regularly to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
2. Data Protection
The contact details for the Branch Membership Secretary for any data protection queries are available on the branch website.
3. Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used
in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purpose we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
- It will not be kept on cloud or Dropbox or any other online storage system.
4. Particulars of processing
We process personal data about members and competitors to our events. The categories of person about whom we process personal data are described in more detail in the annex to the Privacy Notice.
5. Your rights as a Data Subject
The General Data Protection Regulation provides the following rights (subject to some exemptions):
- The right to request access to personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to request erasure of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to request restriction of the processing about you.
- The right to object to processing.
- The right to data portability.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we handled your personal data, you can contact the Branch Membership Secretary at the details above. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) full contact details for which can be found at https//ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
6. How we will use information about you
We will generally process your personal data for contractual necessity in providing membership services and events. We may also use personal information for additional relevant and related purposes where you might reasonably expect us to do so, where the benefits for doing so are not outweighed by your own personal interests or fundamental right or freedoms. This may include:
- To maintain our records and other administrative purposes, including updating your details and preferences.
- To assist with queries, complaints and dispute resolution.
- For communications related to membership.
- To assist with upholding our club constitution and taking action in cases where there may be a breach of the Society rules of Codes of Ethics.
We do not use personal data for any marketing purposes.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. In the United Kingdom, the supervisory authority is the ICO.
7. Recipients of Data
We may use service providers to help us provide you with our services. Personal data may be transferred to such service providers who act for and on our behalf, for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which data was originally collected or may otherwise be lawfully processed.
Such third parties have contracted with us as data processors under the requirements in GDPR. They are contractually bound to only use personal data for the agreed purpose(s). Relevant persons working for these third parties will have access to your personal data under the terms of the data processor contract, but only to the extent necessary to perform their services for us.
The data processors agree to implement reasonable contractual and technical protections, to keep your data confidential, not sell your personal data to third parties, and to not disclose your personal data to third parties except as required by law, as permitted by us or as stated in this Privacy Notice.
In appropriate circumstances we may disclose to authorised bodies as required by law.
8. Visitors to the UGS Website
9. Contact Details
Please contact the Branch Membership Secretary if you have any questions or concerns about personal data or privacy matters.
This Annex sets out the Utility Gundog Society’s processing of personal data relating to members (including Committee Members) and competitors at our events.
What personal data do we process, why do we process it and what is the lawful basis?
Personal data items: Name, Address, Email Address, Telephone Number(s)
We process this data for the purposes listed below:
- Provision of membership services including administration and transactional communications relating to membership (contractual)
- Upholding Society Rules and Code of Ethics (contractual)
- Compliance with Kennel Clud Rules & Regulations (contractual)
- Contacting you regarding information about society events and meetings (legitimate interested)
- Publication in the society’s yearbook or on the website (officers and committee only) (consent)
- Contacting you by email to provide related information (consent)
Refer to the Kennel Club website for Judges details.
Personal data items: Name, Address, Email Address, Telephone Number(s), Dog Information
We process this data for the purposes listed below:
- Administration and transactional Contractual Necessity communications for competitors entering events. (contractual)
- Provision of services relating to out events. (contractual)
- Upholding Society Rules & Code of Ethics (contractual)
- Compliance with Kennel Club Rules & Regulations. (contractual)
- Contacting you regarding future events. (legitimate interest)
- Publication of name of dog information in the event schedule (subject to the right to object) (legitimate interest)
- Publication of event results on our website and in the Society’s Year Book (name and dog information only) (legitimate interest)
Where do we obtain your personal data from?
Most of the above personal data is received direct from you (the data subject) when applying for membership, when entering Working Test and Field Trials or applying for special Training Days. However, information may be received from third parties (e.g. The Kennel Club and their list of Official Panel of Field Trial Judges and also FTMS).
How long do we hold your personal data for?
Personal data will be retained in accordance with the statutory requirements, Kennel Club requirements & recommendations and the Society’s Retention Policy which is 12 months from the date that membership lapsed. Complaint and Discipline Records will be retained for a period of five years.
Are you obliged to provide us with your personal data?
You are not obliged to provide the personal data in question. However, if you do not provide the personal data we will be unable to perform any contract we have with you for the provision of membership service, judging appointments or event services.
Kennel Club records
The Kennel Club will hold personal data of Officers of The Utility Gundog Society as part of the implementation of Kennel Club Rules & Regulations.
We provide the Kennel Club with details of Utility Gundog Society officers and award winners at our events in order to meet requirements of the Kennel Club Rules & Regulations.